DDoS is the acronym for distributed denial of service. This is a type of attack in which the attacker will be trying to exploit this capacity by sending multiple requests to the attack resource with a very basic objective of taking down or slowing it down drastically. Several companies come up with the right kind of applications but ultimately they are unaware that they can become prone to DDoS attack very easily.
DDoS is a cyber attack in which the attacker will be sending floods of requests or messages on a particular server with the basic intention of disrupting the normal workflow or taking it down completely. Several times the all these kinds of attacks are carried out by rival business organisations to ensure that a good business website or application has been brought down in the industry. Attackers also perform all these kinds of attacks with the motive of taking down the business and offering it to bring it back by getting a hefty amount in the whole process.
DDoS attacks have become much more common on mobile applications because it is very easy to profile them. Some of the very basic common types of attacks on mobile applications are:
- UDP flood: The attacker in this particular area will be flooding the random ports of the application with different kinds of packets which can lead to different kinds of issues in the long run. It will then send multiple destinations and reachable packets at the response so that everything comes down in the whole process.
- ICMP flood: At this particular point the hacker will be sending request packets to the flood network in the package will be sent as far as possible in the whole world. This will be disrupting the incoming and outgoing traffic in the whole process.
- Ping of death: As the name is suggesting this concept is based upon malicious pings being sent to the target application and usually there will be a size limit for packets being sent in this particular area.
- SYN flood: Under this particular point the request will be sent from one side to the other side which will further make sure that acknowledgement will be coming up from the first side to indicate that information has been received. This particular concept has normally been undertaken with the motive of exhausting all the resources and bringing the website down in the whole process.
- NTP amplification: The utilisation of the UDP traffic in this particular area can also target the publicly available NTP which stands for network time protocol servers. The focus is always on sending too many requests at a rapid pace in this particular area which can lead to different kinds of issues for example high-volume attacks.
- Application layer attacks: All these kinds of attacks will also focus on flooding the target website with several kinds of resource-intensive requesting systems or heavy file download systems. Such things will be attacking the specific application packets and will also be usually looking for disrupting the specific functionalities for example online transactions and several other kinds of things. This concept has always been measured in terms of requests per second.
- Volume-based attacks: This particular attack will be based upon different direct connections to flood a target side with bogus traffic and the typical example of this particular concept will be UDP which will stands for user datagram protocol. In this particular system, the server will be directly attacked with several kinds of requests and a very large volume of data which has to be measured in bits per second.
Some of the basic strategies to prevent all these kinds of DDoS attacks have been explained as:
- The organisations always need to have a comprehensive plan in place which will further make sure that they need to be very much ready for the uncertainties in this particular industry.
- Organisations need to develop the best possible strategy associated with vulnerability risk management. This particular strategy will further make sure that corrective action has been perfectly taken and experts are identifying the relevant backups in the whole process of dealing with such things. It is also very much advisable for the organisations to move with expert opinions in this area.
- Organisations should react very quickly and use different kinds of anti-DDoS services in this particular sector so that excessive traffic can be dealt with very easily. This particular aspect will make sure that servers will never get over the whole process.
- The utilisation of the latest available patches and versions of firewalls in this industry is another very important aspect to be taken into consideration by the people. This concept should be perfectly incorporated by the organisation is to ensure that a proper cyber security plan can be implemented.
- This is considered to be one of the best possible approaches to dealing with different kinds of attacks and ensuring that everything makes a lot of sense in the long run.
- Adoption of real-time testing systems is very much important in this particular area and further being clear about making sure that everything will be based upon the right systems is important.
- Having a good command over the multidimensional testing platform in the real world is important so that there is no problem at any point in time and everything is practically achievable.
- Implementation of the runtime application self-protection systems is very much important for the whole process so that everything can be dealt with very easily and there is no problem at any point in time.
- This aspect will also help in ensuring that better performance will always be there and everything will be perfectly intervening whenever the vulnerability will be exploited in the whole process.
Apart from all the above-mentioned points depending upon the experts in this industry like Appsealing is also a very good idea so that organisations can deal with the DDOS attacks very professionally.
Click Here: F95zone